ARCHIVE Snow Emergency Declared - Parking Restrictions Enforced
City of Pontiac has declared a SNOW EMERGENCY effective 10:00 PM Friday, January, 12, 2024, until 8:00 AM Monday, January 15, 2024.
During this time compliance with the following is required by Ordinance Chapter114- Article VI SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES:
1. NO PARKING on Downtown Streets between 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM.This will be strictly enforced.
2. NO PARKING on any SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTE.
3. NO PARKING on EVEN SIDE OF THE STREET ON EVEN DAYS AND NO PARKING on ODD SIDE OF THE STREET ON ODD DAYS.
- Piling or depositing snow that obstructs vision is a violation of Michigan's Vehicle Code.
- Piling snow at the ends of driveways along highway shoulders and pushing snow across roads can create hazardous conditions. Pushing or blowing snow into the street is a violation of city ordinance and may result in a fine.
- Keeping sidewalks clear is important to help people walk safely and access public transit. City ordinance requires snow removal with 24 hours of the cessation of snowfall.
Click here for the full Snow Emergency Declaration
Click here to read the press release