An incumbent in this position is responsible for reviewing construction plans, permits, and applications for work within the street right-of-way in the City of Pontiac by utility companies, contractors, homeowners, and private developers; to inspect such as projects during construction; to have considerable latitude in planning and organizing assigned work and to perform related work as required.
$20 - $22 per hour. Overtime as required.
Responsibilities include (the following list is intended to be a general description of duties, and does not reflect all of the duties performed):
• Gather information, record and summarize data, and inform supervisor of any unusual findings.
• Assist in the preparation of special records and reports.
• Review and approve street opening permits and applications for new construction by public utilities.
• Review plans for construction within right-of-way to insure conformity to City of Pontiac standards and specifications.
• Inspect construction projects within the right-of-way by public utilities companies, contractors, homeowners, and private developers.
• Advise contractors, homeowners, private developers, and public utilities of pertinent codes, regulations, ordinances, standards, fees, and specifications within the right-of-way.
• Monitor electrical and other contractors as needed.
• Perform MISS DIG related activities as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED, vocational training in construction or related field; supplemented by two (2) years responsible experience in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Possession of a State of Michigan Commercial Driver’s Licenses (CDL) preferred but not required.
• Incumbent must successfully pass a criminal background check, an employment medical evaluation and drug screen as established for this classification.
To Apply: Applications for employment can be accessed at pontiac.mi.us
EMAIL completed application and resume to email@example.com or
MAIL completed application and resume to the following address:
City of Pontiac Human Resources
47450 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48342
Deadline to apply: Applications must be received on/before: Friday, May 10, 2019