PART-TIME Court Officer (MIDC) this is a grant funded position, subject to the availability of funds. No Benefits.
The following list is intended to be a general description of duties, and does not reflect all of the duties performed:
- Maintain public order on court premises
- Maintain a presence in courtroom during various proceedings. Work with MIDC Attorney for that day.
- Transport prisoners to the courtroom.
- Escorts MIDC Attorney to holding cell to speak with client.
- Be a High School graduate, or have certificate of successful completion of the General Education Development Test (GED); AND Have had at least three (3) years of experience as a police officer, military, reserve, corrections, park or marine officer; OR
- Possess current MCOLES certification and have had at least one (1) year of experience as a police officer. OR Be an Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Reserve or Marine Deputy.
- Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check including having no felony arrests or convictions.
- Pass the complete examination including the employment medical, established for this classification, not solely inclusive of Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
To Apply: Applications for employment can be accessed at pontiac.mi.us
*EMAIL completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*MAIL completed application and resume to the following address:
City of Pontiac Human Resources
Attn: Kiearha Davidson
47450 Woodward Avenue
Pontiac, MI 48342
Deadline to apply: Applications must be received on/before: Friday, May 18, 2019